Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 - Celtics in six


Has there ever been a better but less inspired collection of talent than France's entry at Euro 2008? Betting that Spain didn't figure their reward for winning Group D would be Italy in the second round, albeit minus Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso. Holland dominated play against Romania for the most part with almost all their regular starters on the bench. Only they and Croatia go to the quarters with perfect 3-0 records, with Spain in line to do the same...the final day of roundrobin play goes today as the final qualifier in Group D gets settled in the Sweden/Russia matchup. I've got Sweden (+168) and Spain (-129). Goodbye Greece, here's hoping we don't have to endure you for a long, long time at a major competition. The Pinnacle account is at 11-11 and +$60...is it just me or the deeper the NBA playoffs went, the less you watched and were interested? Not sure I saw more than a couple quarters of the final...over the year plus of writing for this space, there have been repeated nukes dropped on AJ Burnett and JP Ricciardi. Steve Simmons summed up many of those arguments that cannot be argued against in this excellent piece. Of course, Jays President Paul Godfrey, who also needs to meet the sharp end of an axe, disagrees...Manchester City's Paul Dickov to Toronto FC? Now there's a jersey I'd be forced to get...my tea leaves tell me Cristiano Ronaldo is done with Manchester United. Guessing the day Portugal's run at Euro is up is the day we'll hear of his intentions. Not sure how you leave the team that is tops in Europe for the mess that is Real Madrid, particularly when United stayed loyal to you after his debacle with Wayne Rooney, rape charges and the like...it will forever make me smile when I think of Mats Sundin getting in the Hall of Fame the first try and Doug Gilmour needing at least a couple attempts. Fitting, that, for the moronic Leafs fans that buy Don Cherry's "Kingston boys!" garbage and ignore the far better player has been in their roster for far longer. Oh, and Sundin didn't tap his 13-year old babysitter. About time Glenn Anderson got in...Lukas Podolski doubtful with a calf issue. That's a huge loss for Germany if he's out...Willie Randolph is slated to be one of the NL coaches at the All-Star Game next month at his old home of Yankee Stadium. Guessing that won't happen, at least not in a Mets uniform...the Boston Celtics completed one of the most impressive turnarounds in sports as far as I'm concerned, in a single year. They blew the Lakers out of the building in game 6 with a 131-92 win...Dustin McGowan doesn't like road cooking. He's 1-3 with a 6.02 ERA...have a great Wednesday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Russia eh, some major dominance halfway through the first half

TB said...

What a beatdown that was. Sweden did know they needed that one, right?

TB said...

Bukkake, of course he'll go in as an Oiler. Surely you didn't think I'd suggest he go as a Leaf? Now Grant Fuhr...he should've went as a Leaf.

Clearly, I kid.

Anonymous said...

sweden's play today might have been the worst of the tournament by any team. at least bottom three.
ibra looked like he didn't give a rat's ass ... bad knee or not. no effort even.

i had em at pk -103 and lost but if yer playing like that, good riddance i say.

BigHeadedJerk said...

I don't mind knocking Burnett for being an overpaid and underacheiving pitcher, but I'm not feeling Simmons knock on his character and calling out his "disdain for fans." He mock saluted after being booed and later apologized. He's also been notthing but a good citizen.

TB said...

Not entirely accurate BigHeaded (are you TJQ, by the way?). After that game, when asked about the mock tip of the hat to the fans he cut off a reporter and said "wait, we have fans?" If that isn't disdain, I'm not sure what is. Saw that clip on SportsNet myself so if the mother ship of the good ship Blue Jay is showing it, my guess is they're fine having their guy aired out.

Sure, there may not be tonnes of Jays fans, but those that are Jays fans are pretty devoted to them.

BigHeadedJerk said...

I heard that as well, and while I don't care for Burnett, I hate reading crap criticizing players character over snarky comments like that. If he'd done something serious ok, but a snappy comebacker like that, and this is a giant overreaction. Maybe everyones pissed about it because the truth of it hit a nerve. He was frustrated, I'd be too if I had an electric arm and was unable to put it all together and was being booed by my fans. Honestly I'm hoping he's dealt, and that we get some return. If you look at what Arnsburg has done with the rest of that staff, it certainly tells you what a hopeless cause AJ is, considering the two of them are supposedly tight.

Yea, it's me Quik, had some trouble figuring out how to create a profile to comment, but finally got it together...

BigHeadedJerk said...

From a few days back, but those Ricketts goals were gorgeous, I was watching that game. Love his passion, and the kids credentials tell you he's talented.

Anonymous said...

I busted a gut at what AJ said. BJ support is sad right now and im guilty like thousands.

But AJ might be the wrong to throw out of the clubhouse, I like that attitude and Roy's definitely led the pitching.

I'm much less impressed by Wells' and Rios' lacksadaisical play.