Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 - Who Cares About the WNBA?


As of yesterday, with Justine Henin's retirement, Maria Sharapova is now #1 in women's tennis. I've been saying she's #1 in women's tennis for some time...the May 19th issue of Sports Illustrated ran something of a preview for the coming WNBA season - yes, it still exists. Wonder if anybody bothered to read it?...the same issue also ran a players poll on the best pitching staffs in baseball. Somehow the Detoilet Tigers captured 17% of the vote to finish 3rd behind Boston and Arizona. This must be a pre-season poll. I'd have Arizona leading followed by Toronto and Cleveland...the Saputo Stadium in Montreal, home of the Impact, looks MLS ready from what I saw on SRC yesterday. Their lineup? Not so much...there won't be much of Moscow left standing Wednesday with the Champions League final starting at 10:45pm local time. I've sprinkled some on Manchester United to lift the big trophy...so it'll be the team thought too old as the season started against the team thought too young for the Stanley Cup…it has been well established that I love Charles Barkley, but I don't believe for a second his claim that he is done gambling, especially when he says he's quitting for "the next year or two"…after 44 games, Jason Giambi has more home runs (8) than he does singles (7). He's also one double from having as many doubles as singles...San Antonio vs. LA Lakers and Detroit vs. Boston are your conference finals matchups in the NBA. I like LA and Detroit. Who ya got? There's a poll at the right...the upside of the World Hockey Championships being over: the return of Pardon the Interruption...what a disaster my baseball pool is this year. I trade for A-Rod, he gets hurt the next day. I drop Jon Lester, he gets a no-hitter a week later. The Midas Touch, I have not...have a great Tuesday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday will be crazy...can't wait for the game.

I want to see a Celts Lakers final.

The Golden thong he was wearing really helped Giambi get out of that slump on Saturday

TB said...

Word is that that story (the thong) is quite recycled, and Giambi originally talked about it when with Oakland. More on that here tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Red Wings in 5.

Classic Lakers - Celtics NBA Finals. That will get ratings that the NHL only has wet dreams about ...

TB said...

Wings in 5 eh? Can't see it myself, not that fast.

I'll have that poll up Thursday AM after the NBA one goes down.

Oh, and the NHL wishes it pulled bowling's ratings in the U.S., nevermind ANY NBA final.

Anonymous said...

i've got the red wings winning in 6.

my heart wants me to say the spurs, but they struggled badly in game 7 vs the hornets. hey, if you're gonna struggle against the hornets, how bout the lakers? speaking of them, hear what kobe did and bought the whole team $9000 watches? BALLIN!