Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meltdown in London town

As much as I love Thursday night football in general, I can't say I like the season opening on a Thursday night. That said, this opening game ought to be a great one with the hard hitting Tennessee Titans visiting the snot-bubbling Pittsburgh Steelers. Yours truly was 23-14 (62.2%) in Prime Time Picks last season, and we'll start off playing the Pittsburgh/Tennessee Under 35.5. Yes, seems like a low total, but we're talking two run-first teams with great defences. As always, get down at Pinnacle.

Croatian coach Slaven Bilic is treating England like corn on the cob he's buttering them up so bad after England's 5-1 beatdown of Croatia, declaring that England can win next year's World Cup. They've still got some defensive frailties, and their goaltending isn't at all special, or even average, but they did put on a hell of a show in crushing the Croat's. Probably safe to assume some of Bilic's praise is in hopes of England using their remaining two games - one key one at Ukraine - to fine tune things in preparation for South Africa 2010.

Word is David Beckham's option for ownership in an MLS side may lead him to Montreal. Interesting.

Good of Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlesberger for not caving to the easy road and offering a half-hearted apology to get his rape accuser off the hook. Big Ben has rightly recognized his accuser is looking for a way out knowing she's got nothing, and he's refusing to apologize for something he didn't do.

Toronto FC will introduce Julian De Guzman as their big signing at a press conference this morning. He'll bring a quality that TFC hasn't seen to date, and could prove the difference in making the playoffs this year or not. De Guzman will be paid north of $2 million a year if reports are true.

The fine folks at SI.com deliver their preview of the coming NFL season and who they think will win the various awards at the conclusion of the year, with a link to who they like in the Super Bowl. Me, I'm liking New England over the New York Giants.

The NHL is uncertain it will allow its players to go to the Olympics in 2014. One problem - arguably its biggest star - Alexander Ovechkin - says nobody will stop him from playing for Russia. Two things: One, good for Ovy. Two, have fun with that potential PR nightmare, Gary Bettman.

Allen Iverson says he's going to Memphis because God told him to. So when do we get the NBA ad with God declaring that hoops is "fantastic"?

Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

norway said...

Ovechkin not playing in an Olympic on home ice? That's about as likely as Britney Spears getting her virginity back... And seriously, do the NHL fans worldwide rather watch some mid-season NHL games rather than having the chance to see Ovechkin and Crosby and all the other stars duelling it out with their flags on their chest for the Olympic honour?

Blake Kennedy said...

We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about God. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about God, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about God. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about God man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving my selfishness and crime sprees aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about God. We're talking about God man. We're talking about God. We're talking about God. We're not talking about the game, we're not talking about my crimes. We're talking about God. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got; you've seen me rolling with my posse strapping heat to the nines like you're supposed to, but we're talking about God right now.