Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Clutch-Rod?

  • By no means am I a hardcore NCAA football fan, though I do follow more than most I know. That said, two things I know for sure. (1) I hate Notre Dame. (2) I hate Notre Dame's fans. Knowing those, how awesome is that sign to the right by some former Domers located by their stadium?
  • The New York Yankees lead the LA Angels of Anaheim by 6.5 games in the race to secure home field through the playoffs. That's a very large deal for a team that is as dominant at home (an MLB-best 45-20) as the Yankees have been this year.
  • Just months after being trade bait and looking like his days are done in San Diego, LaDanian Tomlinson is feeling back on top, or he's just blowing smoke in calling himself "the best back." Not sure about that, but he seems hell bent on getting back into the conversation.
  • It is only three combined starts, but life as a former Boston Red Sox pitcher in the NL is looking pretty good if you're John Smoltz and now Brad Penny. Penny went 8 scoreless for the San Francisco Giants in his first start. Just shows what a joke the competition is in the NL relative to the AL. This keeps up and Curt Schilling may make a comeback.
  • Clutch-Rod? 36 of his 75 RBI have either tied the score or given the New York Yankees the lead. A-Rod and the Yankees visit Toronto to inch the Jays closer to 30 games out.
  • Every day, a team I've cheered for most of my life despite also loathing them most of my semi-adult acting life, drives me more insane. As most suspected, the Toronto Maple Leafs silence on the matter of another team in "their" market is because they're dead against it.
  • Damien Cox at the Toronto Star looks at the stink surrounding the NHL. I'm thinking the league should shut down til they get it right, there are plenty of other sports this time of year to keep us more interested.
  • have you seen the new helmets making their way to MLB? They're bigger than a football helmet. Seriously, check out New York Met David Wright sporting the new lid.
  • you know you're a questionable character when after word gets out you've signed Pacman Jones, like it did for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, you back off and say "not happening"

1 comment:

norway said...

What? nothing on Chelsea? I guess you'll have plenty on that tomorrow instead then.

Smoltz with a not so great start today. I'm wishing for the day he himself realises he would be a great set-up guy (in the NL).

And even though I get your AL is better than the NL argument I think there is a case to be made that a, the rule changes stands for some of the discrepancies in the numbers and b, that Red Sox isn't exactly great at getting the best out of their players.