Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Madness!!

If you're at all a sports fan - and I'm not even saying basketball specifically - the next four days are about as good as it gets with wall-to-wall action in the NCAA hoops tourney sometimes known as March Madness. I woke up in a panic this morning making sure I had my entries filled out before the fun starts. And hey, it isn't like I'm the President of the United States that I'm investing especially valuable time sorting out my brackets. I'm going with Wake Forest, Pitt, North Carolina and Memphis for my Final Four with Memphis to win. As Tony Kornheiser says, "who ya got?"...sticking with the subject of picks, Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch expects to be suspended for his latest brush with the law...the NFL competition committee couldn't garner enough support to change their lame overtime rules. You'd think common sense and overwhelming disdain from fans everywhere for the current setup would rule the day, but apparently not...I know Details tends to be a bit of a different magazine, but why would A-Rod take shots like this right around the time he knew Sports Illustrated was about to reveal his name as a failed test in 2003? The words "ill advised" might not be most accurate, but they're the first that come to mind...Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho is looking to replicate his wild Chelsea shopping spree this summer, with £100m said to be set aside to chase Premier League talent including the Chelsea trio of striker Didier Drogba, John Obi Mikel and Ricardo Carvalho, Arsenal's Abou Diaby, Tottenham Hotspur's Jermaine Jenas and Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic completing the list. Meantime, another big name club - Real Madrid - is looking to bring back David Beckham. Yeah, that is going to make a difference the next time they run into a Liverpool in Champions League play...here's a tourney we can all get behind: the 2009 National Douchebag Tournament. Exciting stuff. I've got Duke, Dane Cook, Ann Coulter and Auto CEO's in my Final Four, with Auto CEO's winning in a beatdown...going to play some catchup for the missed picks of last weekend over the next few days, and have two picks posted shortly. Good luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear RM,
No love for MLS kick-off tonight and the debut of the Sounders?

I know, I know...

Regards,
Who The Hell Thought It Was A Good Idea To Start The Season The Same Day As March Madness?

TB said...

More like "what is understood doesn't need to be discussed!"

Fear not gbvh, if my dish is installed in time, and am told it will be, the channel will be firmly on ESPN2.

Anonymous said...

Rumours abound that Footie Bukkake will be the guest analyst of the halftime show.

He's currently debating which of his Brickmen jerseys -- the homey or the roadie -- will work best against the back-drop of a sold-out stadium.

Anonymous said...

Can California State Northridge pull of the upset? Hope so, will mess up my bracket, but will mess up everyone else as well.

Though luck on your Baylor pick yesterday, and I got no love for your Michigan pick as well.