Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday, October 14th, 2008

So much for Jon Lester's playoff invincibility. Lester was beaten badly as the Rays romped to a 9-1 win in game 3 to take a 2-1 series lead...as if Sunday's loss wasn't enough, Tony Romo is now out for a month with a broken finger. This once promising Cowboys season is threatening to go real south, real fast. Oh, and Pacman Jones may have violated his probation. Excellent...former Blue Jays manager John Gibbons has been hired as the bench coach in Kansas City? Right. Because when I think of "guy you want bouncing strategy to the manager" I think of Gibbons. And by that, I mean I don't. Ever...biggest surprise of the baseball playoffs? L.A. Dodgers fans sticking around beyond the sixth inning. Shame last night they got to be there for Matt Stairs - remember him? - hitting a go ahead bomb that probably has yet to land to bring the Phillies back and give them a 3-1 series lead..make that a 1-3 weekend for the NFC East after the New York Giants got rocked in Cleveland. By the way, are you thinking this whole "Eli is better than Peyton" thing is more than a little laughable? I can't stand Peyton as much as the next guy, but his resume is light year's ahead of little brothers...that KHL - the new Russian hockey league - is off to a roaring start. First player death, and it is 19-year old New York Rangers first round pick Alexei Cherepanov. I'm sure Don Cherry will be thinking that his teammate Jaromir Jagr's errant elbow did him in and will spout off on that...nice of the NHL to schedule the Montreal Canadiens three times in 63 hours or so with a game in Buffalo Friday, Toronto Saturday, and Philadelphia last night. That they made it through 2-1 is impressive...it is election day in Canada. Remember to get out and vote, and if you don't vote, don't bitch. Have a great day.

Joey Chestnut adds Pizza Champion to his resume...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Habs got 5 points in those 3 games, and are looking GOOD, and this with a rusty Koivu who missed the preseason, and Higgins and Laraque on the shelf.

Lang has really impressed, was on the fence about the pickup, but has shown outstanding chemistry with Sergei Kostitsyn and has fit in perfectly. And the Kostitsyn brothers are amazing hockey players. These 2 kids are the future of the franchise along with Price...

TB said...

I wouldn't be counting on Robert too much (wait for it!) Lang-er. That guy is older than God.

That said, impressive start for the Habs. With Price as my keeper in my franchise pool, plus A. Kostitsyn, I'll be watching them closely much of the year.

Here's one for you BHJ: a buddy of mine works at a company whose Montreal office has Habs seasons tickets, and I'm free to chose any game I want (save for Leafs games) for a trip.

Anonymous said...

A.Kost is nasty. I reached and took him round 6 in my fantasy pool, but I expect him to get 30-35 goals, and 30-35 assists, with a good plus minus, and decent pp and pim totals. The goal he scored last night was epic. Mike Richards was trying to bring the puck up and Andrei nailed him, got the puck back and then wired a shot between the defensemans legs, off the post and in... And that line is slowly gelling again, so the points should keep coming.

I'd target Habs/Bruins games for tix, probably our biggest rival along with Leafs, and the games are always epic.

Anonymous said...

The thing with Lang was I figured he was over the hill as well. All we need him for is to center our 3rd offensive line, and he's capable of that. And he's been better than I was expecting and seems to have seemlessly fit right in.

TB said...

Trying to work Saturday's and December/January/February so that limits the games a fair bit. Aiming for Ottawa, Washington or Jersey it looks like.

Anonymous said...

Sens or Caps would both be great. I can't watching Jersey myself...