Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 - Good night, Yankees

A whole heap of goodies to the right of the page to keep you occupied and clicking on RandoMango day in and out. Hope you like the new stuff...ESPN.com's Peter Gammons was asked which pitcher in all of baseball he'd sign for 4 years and $60 million and without blinking, Gammons responded with Roy Halladay who he lauded for his toughness, pace with which he works, and how much players love playing behind him. The Tampa Bay Rays were working on a 4th win over Halladay this season last night, but Halladay got the best of them. Maybe the 13,478 in the stands at Tropicana didn't fire up the Rays?...the LPGA is requiring all its players to speak English. What's next, they've got to be hetero too?...Elite XC is trying to peddle Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice on its October 4th CBS card. Shammy was done a couple years ago when the also-done Tito Ortiz pounded him like a drum...with Andriy Shevchenko's mostly disastrous run with Chelsea of the EPL now done with him heading back to AC Milan, the Kaka to Chelsea talk is really heating up with the September 1st transfer window about to close...Peyton Manning is back practicing for the Indianapolis Colts. Watch how quick he's ready for Week 1...horrible night for A-Rod as the Yanks went down 7-3 to the BoSox in a key game. Easy to pin a season on one guy's failings in one night, but the Yanks failings this season have been many...Cadillac Williams of the Tampa Bay Bucs is on the physically unable to perform list after tearing his patellar tendon in Week 4 last year. That guy simply cannot stay healthy, or get healthy as it were...a whole heap of NCAA college football is just about upon us running tomorrow through Saturday. Summer must truly be ending...think the media is having enough fun piling on Roger Federer, wondering if he's done? If I'm a betting man - and I am - I've got him to win at least another major before his all-timer career is done...have a great Wednesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in heaven.chicks,scoreboard,headlines......all I'm missing is booze.

College Football....can't wait to see Pete Caroll and the Trojans take a title back to USC.

Anonymous said...

federer appeared to get the biggest ovation at monday night's introduction of u.s. open champions. bigger than roddick, sharapova, mcenroe, becker...even bigger than sabatini.

i wish the dude would have a little more personality, but if personality means playing like nadal does, i'll take federer in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

hey yf,
was met with another new bmo beer rule saturday night. can't buy larges after half.
and, again, i got the look-me-straight-into-the-eye-"how-are-your-doing-tonight-sir?" thing from the gatekeeper.

Anonymous said...

You mean the big ass ones? I think it cost 26 for two? Ya that rule was implemented when I worked there. Ya last time I was their I got the looks as well. I'm headed to Saputo september 6th...I wonder what its like over there.

Anonymous said...

yeah the 12.75ers.
didn't know it was an old rule...had always got served larges in second half before.

speaking of saputo, the impact game is on right now on the french channel. dude could have easily got a red for that cleats-up challenge which also appeared to be in the box.

have fun at the game. that's awesome. are there buses etc. going from t.o.?
i guess there's a bmo game that day too.

Anonymous said...

Funny after I heard you guys took 3.5 hours back to 519 after Can-Jam I thought to myself WTF...I'd be so pissed having to watch that shit soccer. So what do I do....plan a trip that involves me driving 5.

There trying to organize a bus and such but I'm headed down via vechicle so I could be on my own time. Yea TFC plays Chivas same day...going for the party just as much as the game...should have a blast.

Yea just caught the Impact game..suprised that Nicaraguan team sucked so much.