Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 14th, 2008 - Brett Favre Sucks


11 years and $85 million for Vincent Lecavalier to stay with the Tampa Bay Lightening. Again, I totally fail to see the logic for player or team in making these deals...while the Yankees took batting practice on Friday at the Rogers Centre, Lenny Kravitz blared out of the speakers. Might have been to make Cynthia Rodriguez comfortable on her visit to Toronto to have her kids visit with pops Alex...the Tampa Bay Rays swoon continues as they dropped their seventh straight to limp into the break...the Brett Favre Fiasco continues to get more ridiculous, as fans rallied to demand his reinstatement. Word is the text message Favre sent to GM Ted Thompson said "give me my helmet or give me my release." Is there anyone that thinks Favre is still a "good guy"?..tough call for the AL starting pitcher assignment in tomorrow's All-Star Game. Do you go with Cliff Lee, who has had an incredible year on a last place squad? Roy Halladay, who has thrown four more complete games than anyone else? Or Mariano Rivera, with a 1.06 ERA in the last All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium? My heart says Rivera, my head says Halladay...one month until the English Premier League starts its new season. I cannot wait...have a great Monday.

SportsCenter Right Now

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

one month before english premier starts did you say? thank you for reminding me when i need to turn on sport channels to watch real sport. unfortunatly american football will be spoiling my party here and there.
p.s. i think i am ready to kill bret favre.

Anonymous said...

TFC is close to signing Hakan Sukur...some Turkish dude off a 1 year 4million deal. Problem is..he's fucking 37....I dont really give a fuck how good he is but at 37..no way in hell is he worth it.

Anonymous said...

wow...yf, where did you get that info?

wish it was davor, but oh well . . . teehee

Anonymous said...

There all over it on the forum though nothing has been made official yet.

TB said...

Sukur was a last minute and controversial omission from Turkey's Euro squad and given how much they struggle to score, I'll take a guy of that caliber at 47, nevermind 37.

Anonymous said...

What's the word on what TFC will get for McBride. I believe the deal has to be done by tomorrow because of the MLS transfer window?

TB said...

I haven't heard a thing on that front of late. I suspect when he's more or less said "Chicago or bust", that they won't get too much for him and the league will be pressuring TFC to do some deal to get a big American name in the league. Knowing Mo, draft pick(s) will be the net result if any.

Anonymous said...

Apparently those guys that had the pictures of Madonna Friday night were told on Saturday there would be none of that for the rest of the series. Did you see any pics on Saturday tb?

TB said...

That is typical Toronto/Rogers Centre, no? Even as a Yankee fan, I can appreciate that one. And what's worse, guys holding up those pics or F-bombing someone the entire time? I think the latter is more offensive to the average fan, no?

Anonymous said...

Yup, typical Toronto, especially Rogers. Then they wonder why people won't come to games. The F-bombs are much more offensive and they should curb that. I don't think Fenway stopped them from wearing those blond wigs last season.

Anonymous said...

Rogers centre is the most fucked up place anyway. I've had so much bad experiences there it's unbelieveable. Guy's wife crying about a drip of beer on her seat, guy's girl crying about a peanut shell touching her, some lady saying we drank far too much and whispering to everyone around her, after my buddy accidentally drops his cell battery someone picks it up and runs off with it...cherry on top...getting told I'm a fucking piece of shit and I dont belong in this fucking city after jaywalking in front of a cop outside Rogers centre.

Biggest piece of shit venue there is. I'm planning to rent a room one day in the hotel facing the game and plow a chick with the curtains open...let's see if they stop me then :)

Anonymous said...

Chris Henry applies for reinstatement ...

grabbed this off the comments section under the ESPN article ...

Jerry: Is Mr. Henry there?

Henry's Agent: No, can I take a message?

Jerry: Yes, please tell him that Jerry called and I have a job if he wants it. I think he will fit right in.


TBek , your boy Jerry "Nightmares of Plastic Surgery" Jones is probably racing Al Davis to the phones as we speak. At least it's only a 2 horse race ... your chances are 50% ...

NP -- Hanson - MMmmmmm Bop

TB said...

50/50 eh? Well, we know that when it comes to which of our teams will make the playoffs this year, my odds are 100-0 over your Bills.