Get your winning wagers down!

PinnacleSports.com Online Sports Betting

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, June 23rd, 2008 - Spanish Fly


It wasn't pretty, it was only mildly entertaining, but Spain were a deserving winner in the last quarter-final at Euro 2008, advancing to face Russia on Thursday while Germany will take on Turkey on Wednesday. If it is anything but a Germany-Spain final, I'll be shocked...check out Pat Venditte's - the "switch-pitcher" - glove here...Sports Illustrated's Dr. Z is picking the Minnesota Vikings to win the Super Bowl this year...expect baseball's trade season to fire up soon. Talk of Rich Harden or C.C. Sabathia to the Cubs, and Bronson Arroyo to the Yankees has already begun...of course, now that he's in Boston, Peter Gammons is calling Kevin Garnett one of the 15 best players ever. Is anybody surprised he thinks that now? Me neither. And is there anything more hilarious than Garnett butchering the "Impossible is Nothing" for Adidas by yelling "Anything is possible!" after the Celtics won? What's next, him yelling "I'm going to Dis...where?"...Adam Jones would prefer that he no longer be referred to as "Pacman". Memo to Pacman: that nickname should be the least of the things in your past you are tied to you're worried about. Maybe he was just "being rebellion" again. How weird is it that his mom gave him that nickname?...if my memories of my childhood are accurate, summer is here this week. It always rolls around when Wimbledon starts. Roger Federer has won 59 straight matches at Wimbledon to win the title five straight years, something he's immortalized on his shoes..a nine-year old kid at the Celtics parade held up a sign that said "9 Years Old. 6 Parades". I hate that kid...have a great Monday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minnesota is not winning the Superbowl with Tavaris Jackson at QB. Solid "D" , great O-Line and running game. But what recievers do they have that scare anyone? A division title and playoff win are completly possible , maybe even a Super Bowl appearance. But not a win.

That said ,how wide open is the NFC this year? Your fucking Cowboys should be frontrunners again , but I have no faith in them getting it done come crunch time. But who else? Gonna be the hot team come playoffs again.

And for the record , I really see the Giants falling back to a .500 record and missing the playoffs.

np -- Electric Youth - Debbie Gibson

TB said...

I think Dr. Z was on some kind of illicit narcotics there. There is much to like about the Vikes, but you're dead on about the QB and WR options. Not particularly great, or even above average.

I'll bet the Cowboys HARD this year, even with an ugly schedule, to be tops in the NFC.

I think the Giants will come back to earth in a big way. I still can't believe that garbage squad won. If Patrick Crayton didn't go alligator arms in the third quarter, the Cowboys took them out. That burns my ass still, albeit not quite as bad as Friday's Croatia result.

NP: Motley Crue - Mother Fucker Of The Year

Anonymous said...

about the kid in Boston with the sign ... I was born in 1972 in Manitoba but was in Edmonton by 1974. Starting in 1975 through 1990 when I graduated , the Eskimo's won 7 Grey Cups (including the now famous 5 in a row from 78 - 82) and the Oilers won 5 Stanley Cups.
Thats a pretty amazing run ....

seen my share of parades as a kid ...

TB said...

I'm less impressed with the CFL element in that run. After all, it has been mostly an 8 or 9 team loop through the years so you're bound to win occasionally. That said, I love me my Eskies!

Doing it in the NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA is far tougher.

Nothing playing?

Anonymous said...

I do get your point , it is a small league and all but c'mon TBek .... 7 in 15 years? 5 in a row? Who else has ever come close to that? It's impressive no matter how you shake it down ...

Anonymous said...

sorry ...

NP -- The Moffats Greatest Hits (so far)

Anonymous said...

Had the pleasure of talking to an MLB scout/college coach/ today...my God the things he revealed...he admits to still turning his head for roids tests on his college kids, and he told me to watch out for kid named Jesse Hoover ...26 years old but his stuff is starting to turn heads

TB said...

You're right Bukkake, it is impressive, but relatively speaking - less so. Particularly when one of those teams is the Argos (I can crack on them at will now knowing Papa O has ventured onto here recently).